Chartered Institute Of Commerce Of Nigeria is Nigeria’s largest professional body in Commerce. It has been dedicated to the promotion and development of Commercial/Business Education throughout Nigeria, West Africa and the world at large. Fostering the Professional Capabilities of Persons involved in Commercial Administration in the Federation.
inaugurated in the university of Lagos on November 24, 1979. the Institute was mandated to perform the following duties:
- Determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered members of the Institute and reviewing those standards from time to time as circumstances may require;
- Regulate and control the practice of professional commercial administration in all its ramifications;
- Organize and conduct examinations in commerce and other related subjects to the profession for the purposes of admitting members to the Institute, enhancing their status therein, and issue membership certificates to persons admitted;
- Secure the professional status necessary for the promotion and encouragement of the study and advancement of the science of commerce, knowledge and efficiency in commercial administration in the public and private sectors of the Nigeria economy;
- Maintain a professional discipline, and protect the interests of members through the provision of professional consultative advice and the issue of journals and other publications, organization and conduct of seminars, workshops, conferences.